httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Diehl (Encrypted email prefer red)" <mdi...@dominion.dyndns.org>
Subject [users@httpd] Multiple auth sources
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2003 17:59:28 GMT
Hi all.

I have an Apache server which is currently authenticating users via
Mod_Auth_SMB.  This has been working wonderfully.  The Corportate server
people maintain the userlist on the NT domain and I am able to authenticate
my users against that list.

But now my customer requirements have changed...

Now they want to authenticate the website as before, but with one addition.
There is a section of the webspace that they want to authenticate against a
TACACS server.  But, if the TACACS server is unreachable, they want to use
the NT Domain and a user-list to authenticat and authorize access to this
section.

For example:

If someone wants to get to the regular locations on the werver, they use their
NT domain username and password and they are in.  My logs show who went were.

If someone want to access the special locations on the server, they will have
to use their TACACS username and password.  But, if the TACACS server is
down, then the will use their NT domain username and password and get in only
if their username is on a list, which I will have to maintain.

Can this be done?

If so, can you point me in the right direction?

Thanx,
Mike Diehl.