httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joseph A Nagy Jr <joseph_a_nagy...@charter.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Router
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2003 04:11:43 GMT
On Sunday 06 July 2003 22:57, Mac Serve wrote in an attempt to be witty
and informative:
> Hello,
>
> I have purchased a new PC, and plan to hook it up to my network
> (Which consists of my mac at the current moment).  Now, I was
> wondering, if I wanted to host my website on my PC, which will be
> running XP pro, and have apache on my mac, how will it know to go
> right to my PC? On my mac, so I make the port 8080 or something?
> Thanks in advance,
> Michael.
<snip>

You go into your router admin and tell it to forward all port 80
requests (or whatever you set Apache to use) to your computer. My
Linksys denies all incoming connections on all ports except 80 (which
is transfered directly to my box) so that I can host the websites. All
you need to know is your PC's LAN IP (it'll be 192.168.1.x, where x is
the number you put in the empty feild, I have a screenshot of my router
setup[0] to clarify)

[0]:
http://joseph-a-nagy-jr.homelinux.org/~janjr/images/router-setup-1024x768.png
(110K)