httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joseph A Nagy Jr <joseph_a_nagy...@charter.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Extranet Server?
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2003 03:44:50 GMT
On Sunday 06 July 2003 20:47, BBF Tech. Support wrote in an attempt to
be witty and informative:
> I might me missing something here, but this is basically a no
> brainer. I have several of both and some that do both. It's all based
> on the NIC and the address. Oh, not Apache but LGWS. But that doesn't
> matter

Well, It's going to be a sub-domain on my business's website. True, the
server software doesn't matter too much I imagine.

> For example If I want a web server for just Intranet then the nic in
> the apache machine would be something like 192.168.0.10. And an
> internal DNS server would set the www to the IP.

Okay.

> If I wanted the web site to be both internet and intranet then 2
> NICs, one with 192 subnet and one with an open internet address.

Well, I have only one NIC available. Wouldn't it be possible using a
vhost to set something like this up? I guess all I'm really looking to
do is restrict a sub-domain of one of my sites to the intranet.

> Have I helped.
<snip>

You did. you got me looking at this from a clearer perspective of what's
involved.

the -4 Shield of No Spell Checker
http://joseph-a-nagy-jr.homelinux.org