httpd-users mailing list archives

From "BBF Tech. Support" <techsupp...@bbfprinting.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Extranet Server?
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2003 01:47:47 GMT
I might me missing something here, but this is basically a no brainer. I have several of both
and some that do both. It's all based on the NIC and the
address. Oh, not Apache but LGWS. But that doesn't matter

For example If I want a web server for just Intranet then the nic in the apache machine would
be something like 192.168.0.10. And an internal DNS
server would set the www to the IP.

If I wanted the web site to be both internet and intranet then 2 NICs, one with 192 subnet
and one with an open internet address.

Have I helped.

On Sun, 6 Jul 2003 07:23:13 -0500, Joseph A Nagy Jr wrote:

>On Sunday 06 July 2003 02:53, Jeff Cohen wrote in an attempt to be witty
>and funny:
>> Advanced ExtraNet Server is a Mandrake package of Apache fully loaded
>> with all the modules.
>> When you get to the default page of it you'll find a link to their
>> homepage.
>>
>> All the best,
>> Jeff Cohen
>> Support@GEJ-IT.com
>> Tel. (416) 917-2324
>> www.GEJ-IT.com
>> GEJ-IT Networks!
>
>Mandrake package?
>
>I already have Apache 2.0.40 on my box. I'm really just looking to set
>up an intranet and thought that the ExtraNet Server was specifically
>for that.
>
>It's funny. I can run an external website problem but I haven't the
>faintest clue on how to set up an intranet. Hehe.
>--
>the -4 Shield of No Spell Checker
>http://joseph-a-nagy-jr.homelinux.org

Allan L. Stephan (Al)