httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ysh Liu <lys6...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] desperately need help!
Date Sat, 05 Jul 2003 22:11:11 GMT
Hi you all,
I am trying out Apache server and getting stucked at the very beginning.
I am running a WindowsXP Pro, and downloaded the latest version Apache.
My problem is: I can't see the test welcome page!
I manually started the server in the console mode on my local machine and then try to access
the server, but it didn't work.
When I type in http://localhost/ from web brower, it shows "The page you are looking for is
currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may
need to adjust your browser settings."

And then I typed in http://127.0.0.1/, this time, the message is a little bit difference,
"There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed."

I guess there must be something wrong with my internet configurations, can somebody give me
some advice on how to fix this problem?

Thanks for your time!
Kim