httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ivan Montoro <epi4...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] ExtFilterDefine mode=input
Date Sat, 05 Jul 2003 19:02:59 GMT

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/httpd-2.0/modules/filters/mod_ext_filter.c

> Certainly mod_ext_filter isn't going to be the most
> efficient way to do
> this, since it will be like running a cgi script on
> every request.
> mod_rewrite or a custom-written module would be more
> efficient.
>
> Joshua.

Hi,

Thanks Joshua for the info. You're right this would be
like returning to the CGI era. If I want to CVS this
to check it out, should I only download
mod_ext_filter.c or should I do a complete checkout?
(remember I'm a "compiler", not a "programmer" ;)

This question goes to everybody: what do you think in
an InputFilter based on ICAP or something like that?
Delivering the responsability of parsing and checking
the HTTP headers to a TCP/UDP service would be easier
than builing all logic in an Apache filter... I'm
thinking in a sort of server running in a central
machine with it's own database/pool and returning "OK,
get that resource for that guy" or "nonono, return
this HTTP/HTML error to requesting machine" (of course
I would take one of our programmers into filter code
:P)

Ivan