httpd-users mailing list archives

From Oliver Feiler <k...@gmxpro.net>
Subject [users@httpd] piped logging in Apache 2.0.46
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2003 20:36:14 GMT
Hi,

I've encountered some problems using piped logging with Apache 2.0.46. The
problems are basically the same as reported earlier: the logging (perl)
script seems to be terminated by Apache after the first request. The error
log says

piped log program '/usr/local/sbin/httpd-sqlclientlog' failed unexpectedly

After running for several hours it even ended in

piped log program '/usr/local/sbin/httpd-sqlclientlog' failed unexpectedly
[Thu Jul 03 19:25:00 2003] [notice] child pid 29553 exit signal Segmentation
fault (11), possible coredump in /usr/local/apache2
[repeat several times]

As this has already been reported several times I would like to know when this
is going to be fixed? Is someone working on a fix?

We're running 2.0.46 on OpenBSD 3.3. piped logging worked well with 1.3.27. If
anyone knows more about this or can post a status update about this bug it'd
be very helpful.

Regards,
Oliver

--