httpd-users mailing list archives

From listuser <listu...@ml-design.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache 2 proxy and DNS lookup failure
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2003 14:36:28 GMT

Hello, I have this problem and can't find an answer anywhere.

When I turn apache (Linux 2.0.45) into a proxy server (ProxyRequest On)
something goes wrong with DNS resolving.
When I request a webserverpage via the proxy, my DNS serverlog complains with
a lot of (every 5 seconds):

  dns: invalid type: 28; query discarded

And after 20 seconds I see a valid DNS query.
So it takes a long time before the proxy screen has built up (every 20 seconds
a piece).
When I put the wanted IP adres in the hosts file of my apache server
everything goes well and fast.

All other DNS requests from my apache server work well.
I've been looking for over a day and have no clue what can be wrong.

Thank you, Frank