httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Needing help to uninstall Apache...
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2003 21:05:43 GMT
Ola Ogunneye wrote:
> Now the question is, if I do remove, would I need to still
> check for files to be edited in the registry or would the
> installer do everything for me.

As far as I know, the only "system modification" the Apache installer does
on Windows is to register Apache as a service and put Apache Service Monitor
in the startup folder. The uninstaller should revert both of these
"modifications".

> I am of the opinion that maybe, just maybe my httpd.conf
> is corrupted or something and I am hoping that if I remove
> Apache, then it will be totally removed, and can then start
> with a totally new install.

Your httpd.conf will not be removed when uninstalling, nor will it be
overwritten when reinstalling (in the same directory). If you look in
Apache's conf directory, you should find a httpd.default.conf, which you can
use if you want to start from scratch.

No need to un-/reinstall, unless you want to upgrade to 2.0.47.

Regards,
Robert Andersson