httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Peoblem executing an Executable
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2003 06:26:00 GMT
vijay wrote:
> Yes. They r exactly same. Same ActivePerl 5.8, Apache 2.0.46 and PAR .0.67
> (used to create the executable) and Windows XP . Only difference i can
> think of is 1st PC is built by us and 2nd PC is from IBM.
> ...snip...
> I copied the httpd.conf file from 1st PC to 2nd PC. eventhen no use :(
> ...snip...
> Yes, i cud execute Perl scripts but cud not execute the compiled one.

But the compiled version executes correctly from the command line, right?
And, there is no more information available in the error log?

At least, Apache is succeeding in executing the program, but it fails to
emit the proper headers. If it do this when you run it from the command
line, and doesn't when run through CGI, it might be due to the slightly
different environment experienced by the program when it is executed through
CGI. A guess is that your program hits an error, and outputs an error
message or exit()s, before emitting the correct headers (eg. Content-type:
...). Isn't there anything more in the error log?

So, in the end, I don't think this is an Apache issue; it's likely a Perl or
PAR issue. If the original script itself is not misbehaving, eg. by
outputting something before the header(s), it is probably PAR's/perl's
run-time that does it. Try to compile a very simple Perl script, and see if
it works:

#!/usr/bin/perl
print "Content-Type: text/html\n\n";
print "Hello World!";

If not, I'd guess something is seriously wrong with PAR. If it does, you
need to go forth from there and see at what point it is failing; perhaps
when using some external module or something like that.

Regards,
Robert Andersson