httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache .htaccess against Gallery Software...
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2003 05:22:34 GMT
Ola Ogunneye wrote:
> The Directive is supposed to be something to the effect of:
> <Directory> C:\Program Files\....\\
>                   Allowoverride fileinfo
> <Directory>
>
> I am really sorry I did not write down the exact syntax, I am
> currently at work and my server is at home but the above is
> close enough.

So, what is the problem? Didn't it work? Please, ask a question. Without
one, it is hard to answer :)

> The system also said that I need to allow mod_rewrite
> With all these, I went into my httpd.conf and tried to insert the
> exact required syntax, and also loaded the module mod_rewrite,
> I think I did this in the PHP.inc or something to that effect by
> removing the # sign in front of the statement.

Uhm, you went into httpd.conf but you made the changes in PHP's
configuration?

I have no knowledge of the packet you are trying to install, but it sounds
to me that what you need to do is get into httpd.conf and uncomment thís
directive:

    LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so

And add this block:

    <Directory "x:/path/to/gallery">
        AllowOverride FileInfo
    </Directory>

Restart Apache and see what happens. If it doesn't work as expected, please
report exact errors and excerpts from the error.log and/or detailed
description of what happens.

Regards,
Robert Andersson