httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Peoblem executing an Executable
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2003 05:06:35 GMT
vijay wrote:
> Both servers or configured same. no difference at all. I use ScriptAlias.
I did
> not use ExecCGI.

Are they *exactly* the same, or just approximately the same? How about the
environment (paths, etc). Is it also the same on both systems?

> Without using ExecCGI it working on my 1st PC.
>
> When tried to run the executable on the 2nd PC i got the error "Premature
end
> of script headers" then
> i installed Active perl , and the module i used to make excutable. And i
> created the executable on 2nd pc, then also i got the same error message.

Um, as I interpret your first message, you could execute the Perl script on
both systems, but it was the compiled (executable) version that failed on
the second system. Does what you say here mean that you cannot execute any
CGIs on the second system? If you can, you need start out with "hello world"
and build up until you see where it fails.

If you cannot execute any CGIs, even precomiled, and I trust you have done
proper configuration, I'm sorry to say, I do not know what is causing this
behaviour. My final suggestions are:

*) Check all paths in httpd.conf and verify that they are valid on
   the second machine.

*) Check your CGI script/executable and verify any paths or utilities
   they rely on. For the Perl script, verify that the shebang points
   to the perl interpreter on your system.

Regards,
Robert Andersson