httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] fancy indexing
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2003 07:49:58 GMT
Ken Gillett wrote:
> Is it possible to hide the extension of files when they are listed for
> a directory, i.e. when Apache is just supplying a list of the filenames
> in the directory?

No, I don't think so. Sorry. However, it is not very hard to write a Perl or
PHP script doing the same thing as AutoIndex does; it's a really simple
feature, and isn't meant to be all that powerful as it's trivial to do it
yourself if you need it customized.

> I can't find a simple switch for this, would mod_rewrite do it? Not
> being a re-writing expert, any suggestions how to do it?

I cannot see what mod_rewrite would have to do with AutoIndex.

Regardsm
Robert Andersson