httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Parnell, Giles (AU - Sydney)" <g.parn...@eclipsegroup.com.au>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache and downloading Files through ssl
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2003 02:42:33 GMT
Hi

I'm running Apache2 with SSL, Orion2 under Solaris8 and using Struts. The
entire sites works fine with SSL and apache. However, I have a problem when
trying to write the contents of some objects out to a csv file. In my
development environment writing out to csv works fine. (ie: no apache, and
no ssl - I just hit the Orion port directly, forward to the struts action
and walaaa...I get the usual option to save or open the file etc.)

However as soon as I put apache in front of Orion I get as far as being
asked to save or open the file and on pressing 'Enter' get the IE pop up
error:

Internet Explorer cannot download <struts_action_Name.do> from
<gem.au.companyname.com>. Internet Explorer was not able to open this
Internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found.
Please try again later.

I'm sure my proxy setting are correct as I can flow through the entire site
quite happily. It's just the opening or saving of the file that generates
this error.

My ProxyPass settings are:
/   http://<server_ip>:5365/
https://gem.au.companyname.com/ 	http://<server_ip>:5365

My ProxyPassReverse settings are:
/  http://<server_ip>:5365/
https://gem.au.companyname.com/  http://<server_ip>:5365

Can anyone point me in the correctus directionus ???

Cheers,
Giles

"...the opportunities that are proffered by corporate websites, web
advertising and email are too great to ignore", according to the Australian
Financial Review's 2003 Marketing Survey.

Eclipse can help you use new media to engage your customers. To find out
how, please contact Jamie Verco on 9322 5181 or 0408 202 203.

Giles Parnell |    ECLIPSEGROUP   |   02 9322 5124   |   Mobile 0403 768656

Level 9, 190 George Street, Sydney, NSW 2000, Fax: 02 9322 5121

> The Eclipse Group is a wholly owned subsidiary of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu

www.eclipsegroup.com.au

solely
for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must not
disseminate,
copy or otherwise use this information. If you have received this email in
error,
please notify Eclipse Group immediately.

***********Confidentiality/Limited Liability Statement***************

This message contains privileged and confidential information intended
only for the use of the addressee named above.  If you are not the
intended recipient of this message, you must not disseminate, copy or
take any action in reliance on it.  If you have received this message
in error, please notify Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu immediately.  Any
views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender,
Deloitte.

The liability of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu, is limited by, and to the
extent of, the Accountants' Scheme under the Professional Standards
Act 1994 (NSW).

The sender cannot guarantee that this email or any attachment to it
is free of computer viruses or other conditions which may damage or
interfere with data, hardware or software with which it might be used.
It is sent on the strict condition that the user carries out and relies
on its own procedures for ensuring that its use will not interfere with
the recipients systems and the recipient assumes all risk of use and
absolves the sender of all responsibility for any consequence of its use.