httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Problem viewing images
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2003 03:51:57 GMT
[plain text, please]

Subzero wrote:
> If i create a new folder and make a index.html file with just some
> text in it, it works fine..
> But when the file get's more info in it, then i get "page cannot
> be found"..

Do you mean when the file grows in size? Can you see a pattern in file size?

This sounds an awful lot like a client issue. Have you confirmed the
behaviour with different browsers and on different machines?

> Nothing about this in the error.log

The "page cannot be found" is an obvious lie by your browser, as Apache
doesn't log it. I assume that you have been using Internet Explorer. Try at
least to turn off "friendly error messages" (or something like that).

The only way to see what is going on here, is to peek at what Apache is
saying to the client. Either you can do a telnet to your server and request
one of the problematic files, or use Ethereal to sniff the traffic.

> There are two apache.exe running.. should there be two?

As you are running on Windows, the first precess is the one listening for
incoming requests. The other process contain the threads that handle the
individual requests.

Regards,
Robert Andersson