httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Peoblem executing an Executable
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2003 04:14:45 GMT
vijay wrote:
> If i execute plain CGI it works, but if i convert it to executable it's
not
> working.

I understand that the problem arises when executing it through CGI, correct?
By 'plain CGI', do you mean a [Perl] script? In regards to CGI, a binary is
just as plain, if not plainer, than an interpreted script.

> Do i need to set anything in the webserver config file?
> The same executable works on one PC.

Well, how is the other server configured?

However, I'd check the CGI configuration on the failing server. Do you use
ScriptAlias or Options ExecCGI for the directory in which the executable
resides?

If you use the latter method, you may need to modify this directive to
include the .exe extension:

    AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl .exe

Regards,
Robet Andersson.