httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Andres" <eetas...@online.ee>
Subject [users@httpd] W2K: apache.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2003 10:32:44 GMT
> > I'm currently using a 2.0.45 binary which causes error every time when
> > Apache server exits in W2K.
> This error occurs when Apache is accessed from the browser in the same
> computer: https://localhost
> This bug has confirmed by other this list member in a message posted this
> list some time ago.

> I have no idea what is causing your
> problem, since your description is not at all detailed.  What is the EXACT
> error,

apache.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need
to restart the program.

An error log is being created.

> and when EXACTLY does it happen?

It happens  exactly when I click in the upper right corner of the apache
console window to close it in W2K.
It occurs only  after apache has served some request from localhost.
It does not occur when apache is started and closed immediately without
serving any http request.