httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Milan Reznicek" <reznic...@gytool.cz>
Subject [users@httpd] Access Directories on Novell File Server
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2003 12:17:56 GMT
Hi,
    I am trying to solve this problem. I have two machines - one running
Novell NetWare 6 and one with Windows 2000. On the win box I'm running
apache 2.0.47 and I need to access some directories on the Novell box and
make them visible two internet.
    The easiest way I know would be to have these files placed on the win
box, but this doesn't help. I need to have it this way - Files on FileServer
and only the main web content on the win box.
    Do you know some module which can handle this? I've found
mod_ldap_userdir, but I wasn't able to compile it with M$ VC++ 6.0, because
it's only provided with unix Makefile. And more it was tested only with some
*nix platforms so I don't believe that it would run on windows. I tried to
contact the author but the mail address which is provided on the web doesn't
exist.
    I was thinking about using samba client to map the dirs from novell to
windows but there's the stupid thing that I must be logged in to map
directories with samba and therefore when I run the apache service I don't
get logged in.

    Can you please give me some advice or opinions or point me the right way
to solve this problem.

                                                        Thank You Milan

Milan Reznicek
Software Developer