httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Hyman" <mhy...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache Linux question
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2003 21:47:18 GMT
Yeh, I know that. I am just doing a sanity check to see if there is a more server-oriented
distro that might be streamlined for web serving.

Thanks
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Patrick Donker
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Sent: Friday, July 25, 2003 2:39 PM
  Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Apache Linux question

  If you dont want the desktop stuff, then dont install it; just click the server installation
and click on the software you need. Just dont click on gnome or kde related stuff and it wont
be installed...

  Michael Hyman wrote:

    I am just starting to use Linux to run our web sites and I am currently using Red Hat
8.

    I am wondering if that is the best distro for the purpose. Is there a smaller, less desktop-based
and more server-only based distro that is streamlined for web services. I will do using the
following only on the server:

    1. Perl
    2. Mod_perl
    3. Apache 1.3.x
    4. Oracle Client for Oracle 9
    5. Java JRE 1.4 for a small middleware program

    Thanks in advance for the help..I appreciate it.

    Regards...Michael