httpd-users mailing list archives

From Alfonso Romero <i...@prodigy.net.mx>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: Name resolution
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2003 23:26:44 GMT
Exactly. I think what´s missing is the A record in your zone file. For
example, I run a "laspro.dynu.com" ficticious site  on my local LAN, and use
the following zone file in my name server:

$TTL    3600
laspro.dynu.com.       IN      SOA     adeline.ibacsoft.dynu.com.
root.adeline.ibacsoft.dynu.com (
                                2806031        ; Serial
                                3600    ; Refresh
                                900     ; Retry
                                3600000 ; Expire
                                3600 )  ; Minimum
               IN      NS      adeline.ibacsoft.dynu.com.
;
                IN      A       192.168.0.102

www             IN CNAME        @
mail            IN CNAME        @
ftp             IN CNAME        @

@               IN MX   10      mail.ibacsoft.dynu.com.

This is a virtual host, my registered domain is "ibacsoft.dynu.com". In this
"laspro.dynu.com" zone file I used the
                IN      A       192.168.0.102

line, where 192.168.0.102 is my local web server, along with the

ServerAlias laspro.dynu.com *.laspr.dynu.com

line in the virtual host directive, and it works.

Hope it helps,

Alfonso