httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Carlo Florendo" <ca...@hq.astra.ph>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Make directory available via http
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2003 01:04:40 GMT
This worked now.  THanks a lot.   It appears clearly in the manual.  I shoudl've thoroughly
read first.  Thanks!

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Luis Moreira
  To: users@httpd.apache.org ; Alfredo Gómez Grande
  Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2003 7:02 PM
  Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Make directory available via http

  <Directory /downloads/publico>
   Options Indexes
  </Directory>

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: Alfredo Gsmez Grande
    To: users@httpd.apache.org
    Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2003 10:32 AM

    Well, I guess if you don't have an index.ht* file then the directory contents are displayed
unless you have touched some of the original configuration of Apache 2.0 (in referring to
this version).

    So I mean, that if you install apache and you set a directory below your web root and
this directory doesn't have an index file, then the ftp (based on web or webfolders) are displayed.

    Try it and tell me.