httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jason Michael" <ja...@truck.ds.adp.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Help with mod_auth...
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2003 22:40:05 GMT
Guys,

I'm running the default Apache from RedHat 9.0.  I'm trying to protect the file /var/www/html/protected.

I created an htpasswd file at /var/www/passwd/.htpasswd.  I put in a test user and password.

I added the following to my /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf file:

<Directory "/var/www/html/protected">

AuthName "Administration Area: Authorized Users Only!"

AuthType Basic

AuthUserFile "/var/www/passwd/.htpasswd"

Require valid-user

</Directory>

I restarted the server with /usr/sbin/apachectl stop  and start...

When I navigate to a file inside the "protected" directory, I get the authentication popup,
but it won't accept my password.  What am I doing wrong?

Jason L Michael
Client Technical Analyst
Automatic Data
Dealer Services
4001 Airport Freeway
Suite 400
Bedford, TX 76039
(817) 358-6307
1-800-HV-TRUCK

This e-mail contains proprietary information and may be confidential. If you
are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that
any dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly
prohibited. If you received this message in error, please delete it
immediately.