httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Alderfer, Tim" <TimAlder...@glog.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache2 and HPUX...apr libs
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2003 17:38:35 GMT
Thanks for the reply.  The answer to your question is I'm not starting
Apache via httpd.  The SHLIBS reside in httpd not apachectl.    The only way
I can get Apache to work is
to copy the apr libraries to /usr/lib and set SHLIB_PATH=/usr/lib

-----Original Message-----
From: Joshua Slive [mailto:joshua@slive.ca]
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 1:33 PM
To: 'users@httpd.apache.org'
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Apache2 and HPUX...apr libs

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003, Alderfer, Tim wrote:

> Hello,
>
> How do I get Apache compiled so that httpd will dynamically look at
relative
> paths for the apr libraries? libapr-0.sl.9, libexpat.sl.1,
> libaprutil-0.sl.9.  This was not an issue prior to Apache2 because all of
> the libs were compiled in the executable.  This is not the case with
> Apache2.  I would like to avoid having to copy these libs into /usr/lib.
> Is there a way to compile Apache to use all relative paths to the libs?
> Here's the output from chatr.  Please help!

I don't know anything about HPUX, but I do have a question for you: How
are you starting Apache?  With apache 2, you should be using apachectl,
and not starting httpd directly.  The reason is that apachectl sets
certain env variables (such as library load paths) that are necessary to
launch httpd.  Look inside the apachectl script for details.

Joshua.