httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Bob Mahan" <bob.ma...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject [users@httpd] HTTPd 2.0 RH9.0 CGI UNIX sh GET form ARGC not 0 anymore?
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2003 01:20:13 GMT
Hi all,

I am attempting to upgrade from Apache 1.3 to 2.0 and have run into a
serious problem I'm hoping someone can enlighten me on.

I have seen several posts about GET and POST forms with PHP and
environmental variables not being passed that required some update in
PHP for global variables.  MY problem is just the opposite.  I have UNIX
shell scripts that under 1.3 have no command line parameters passed when
a GET Form is submitted but now under 2.0 are getting the QUERY_STRING
passed on the command line. I have looked at both the 1.3 and 2.0
access_log and they are both doing the same GET from what I see.

Using this sample snipet...

<form method="get" action="/cgi-bin/script">
  <input name=VAR1 type=hidden value="VALUE1">
  <input name=CMNT type=text><input type=submit>
</form>

...Under 1.3 /cgi-bin/script gets...

ARGC=0,ARGV="",QUERY_STRING="VAR1=VALUE&CMNT=foobar"

...Under 2.0 /cgi-bin/script gets

ARGC=1,ARGV="VAR1=VALUE&CMNT=foobar",QUERY_STRING="VAR1=VALUE&CMNT=fooba
r"

I thought I was being real slick when I wrote all these CGI programs to
include not only the form generation, but the back end form processing
in
the same UNIX sh script and just look at the ARGC to see if the form
generation (ARGC=1) or processing (ARGC=0) should be performed.  I'm
praying
that I have just not configured something right.

Has anyone else seen this or have any ideas that might help?

Thanks in advance for any assistance :)

Bob