httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ian K. Harrell" <firema...@trificient.net>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] directory indexin
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2003 05:23:58 GMT
Ok, I removed all the vhosts entries that I had added while playing
around with this and added the alias.

Still no solution to the directory indexing problem. The only thing that
will stubbornly show up is the one file in that directory. (I really
think that the sub directories are off playing hide and seek, but then
maybe I am just getting tired :)

I am also still getting the htaccess error log messages as well.

Again, Many thanks
Ian K. Harrell

PS: Jeff - THANKS a lot for taking the time to look at this for me :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Cohen [mailto:support@gej-it.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2003 1:08 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org; fireman71@trificient.net
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] directory indexin

By looking at your file, you set a Vhost that is not being used. That's
one
thing - remove or commit it out.
You are trying to get a Directory to point to your directory
/home/fireman71/public_html, which is not under /var/www/html - in order
use that folder, use:
Alias /fireman71 /home/fireman71/public_html

I didn't get too much deep into your file cause I was looking at that
issue
as a first thing.

All the best,
Jeff Cohen
Support@GEJ-IT.com
Tel. (416) 917-2324
www.GEJ-IT.com
GEJ-IT Networks!

/var/www/html

> > No idea what this is relating to or trying to tell me. The only
thing
> in
> > /var/www/html is the default pages for apache and all the website
> > requests that I am sending when this occurs are in user directories.
> >
> > Again, Thanks
> > Ian K. Harrell
> > Fireman71@trificient.net

Under