httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Subzero" <subz...@spiderweb.tk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Problem viewing images
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2003 11:30:57 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: Robert Andersson <robert@profundis.nu>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2003 5:51 AM
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Problem viewing images

> Subzero wrote:
> > If i create a new folder and make a index.html file with just some
> > text in it, it works fine..
> > But when the file get's more info in it, then i get "page cannot
> > be found"..
>
> Do you mean when the file grows in size? Can you see a pattern in file
size?

No, i haven't noticed a pattern in size.. it happens for all images
regardless of it's size and it also happens to some html/php files..
When i hit refresh multiple times, the images appears one by one.. but all
of them doesn't appear, or i do not hit refresh that many times :)

http://vbg.spiderweb.tk/stats/
That's the stats page.. Images won't appear.. like the logo in the top left
corner..
the url to the image itself is http://vbg.spiderweb.tk/stats/cstitle.gif
the image is in that folder, when i enter that in the address field i get
"page cannot be displayed", if i hit refresh or close IE and then starts it
again and goes to that url again it appears.. sometimes i have to do that
several times before i finally can see it..

It sounds like the webserver is working so hard that it misses my request
for the image.. but it isn't overloaded at all..

> This sounds an awful lot like a client issue. Have you confirmed the
> behaviour with different browsers and on different machines?

I asked a friend to try it, same thing happened to him. Don't know what
client he uses though.

> > Nothing about this in the error.log
>
> The "page cannot be found" is an obvious lie by your browser, as Apache
> doesn't log it. I assume that you have been using Internet Explorer. Try
at
> least to turn off "friendly error messages" (or something like that).
>
> The only way to see what is going on here, is to peek at what Apache is
> saying to the client. Either you can do a telnet to your server and
request
> one of the problematic files, or use Ethereal to sniff the traffic.

Ok, will try that tonight.. "open 192.168.0.1 80", is that the way to
connect on port 80?