httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Cohen" <supp...@gej-it.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] alias directive and stunnel
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2003 00:01:49 GMT

ProxyPass /abc http://serverb/
ProxyPassReverse /abc http://serverb/

Ref. link:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_proxy.html#proxypass

All the best,
Jeff Cohen
Support@GEJ-IT.com
Tel. (416) 917-2324
www.GEJ-IT.com
GEJ-IT Networks!

-----Original Message-----
From: Mertz, Richard [mailto:RMertz@cityofevanston.org]
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2003 11:44 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] alias directive and stunnel

We are attempting to use stunnel between two servers.  We find that when we
send messages through stunnel, the alias apache directive does not get
used.  The data:

1.                   Client makes following request url to:
https://ServerA:8200/abc/index.html
2.                   stunnel on ServerA takes https request and sends it
apache on ServerB on port 80
3.                   Apache on ServerA gets request and looks for actual
document {DOCUMENT_ROOT}/abc/index.html instead of using alias for /abc/

I know that ServerA gets the /abc/index.html request because if there is an
actual {DOCUMENT_ROOT}/abc/index.html it will display it.

Speculation:  The https request that is sent through stunnel (which decrypts
the message) somehow has a header on it that causes apache to not process
the alias.  Currently that is all I can think of.

Anyone have any ideas?

Richard Mertz
Information Systems
City of Evanston