httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Per Andersson" <...@home.se>
Subject [users@httpd] Have users override content negotiation in Apache2
Date Sun, 27 Jul 2003 11:23:52 GMT
I have enabled content negotiation in Apache 2 with MultiViews.
It works great, if a browser with preferred language=sv browses the
site, Swedish pages are displayed and if preferred language=en, English
pages are displayed.

But besides that I would like the user to be able to change site
language by clicking a link on my webpage. Is this possible? Maybe
with cookies?

I guess that one possible way to go is to link directly to the index.html.de
page (for the German link). But then I have to update all links in
index.html.de
to point to anotherpage.html.de if (and only if) anotherpage.html is
translated
to German.
This increases administration quite a bit and I seem to loose some of the
advantages with MultiViews.

/Per