httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Cohen" <supp...@gej-it.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache on Unix vs Apache on Windows
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2003 01:49:27 GMT
I have a simple answer for you, Performance! Linux is well known in
performance with apache\oracle\mysql and many other more, although they ALL
work on various platforms, most system admins prefer using Linux because of
manageability, performance and cost.

And I do NOT agree that there are more *bugs* in the apache based on win32
environment than in *nix systems.
I think that just because apache does NOT fully integrate into win32
applications, security and file permissions - it's less risky, most cases
that Apache is "defected" on the win32 platform is because of platform bugs
in the first place.

All the best,
Jeff Cohen
Support@GEJ-IT.com