httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Cohen" <supp...@gej-it.com>
Subject RE: RE: [users@httpd] IP Virtual Host and DMZ
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2003 05:29:49 GMT
> Em 23 Jul 2003, users@httpd.apache.org escreveu:
>
> 1) Because I would like to have subnets with 2 ^ 4 - 2 machines on the
same
> subnet (max).

Then you should be using 31 bits in your subnet musk.
You should also know about the limitation this network subnetting.

> 2) My router ip is 192.168.0.1

How these machines will access the internet (if there's a need for them)?

>  The solution worked if I use the 192.168.0.(59-62) ip. The problem is (as
> Joshua said) to make iptables forward the packages received on its port 80
> to the right ip in my webserver.

But your servers will never be able to see your firewall unless your
firewall has an IP in each subnet you made.

Jeff Cohen