httpd-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Jeff Cohen" <supp...@gej-it.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] restricting directory access but allow file access - urgent
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2003 03:51:03 GMT
Sorry, this won't work, my apologize.

The first thing that comes up to my mind is:

ProxyPass /* /erroring
Redirect /erroring http://domain.com/errornotfound.html
ProxyPass / !

All the best,
Jeff Cohen
Support@GEJ-IT.com
Tel. (416) 917-2324
www.GEJ-IT.com
GEJ-IT Networks!



> -----Original Message-----
> From: Jeff Cohen [mailto:support@gej-it.com]
> Sent: Monday, July 21, 2003 11:19 PM
> To: users@httpd.apache.org
> Subject: RE: [users@httpd] restricting directory access but allow file
access -
> urgent
> 
> Add that and I think it would do:
> 
>    <Directory /*/>
>         Order allow,deny
>         deny from all
>      </Files>
> 
> All the best,
> Jeff Cohen
> Support@GEJ-IT.com
> Tel. (416) 917-2324
> www.GEJ-IT.com
> GEJ-IT Networks!
> 
> 
> 
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Denise Mangano [mailto:Denisem@complusdata.com]
> > Sent: Monday, July 21, 2003 10:28 PM
> > To: users@httpd.apache.org
> > Subject: [users@httpd] restricting directory access but allow file
access
> - urgent
> >
> > Hi everyone.
> >
> > This one is urgent, so I thought to post this as I'm fishing through the
> > archives.  I am wondering exactly how I should have my httpd.conf
> > configured to allow the following scenario.
> >
> >    DocumentRoot "/var/www/html/clients"
> >    <Directory "/var/www/html/clients">
> >      Options -Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews Includes
> >      AllowOverride none
> >      Order deny,allow
> >      Deny from all
> >
> >     #Access for main directory html files
> >      <Files *.html>
> >         Order allow,deny
> >         Allow from all
> >      </Files>
> >    </Directory>
> >
> > If I have the clients directory set to Allow all, any subdirectory that
> > I create under it will automatically be accessible.  However, there are
> > certain directories that I do not want accessible but have to be in the
> > same directory.  What I wanted to do was restrict access to the entire
> > directory, then create aliases for the directories that I want to be
> > accessible.  I also need serve a few html files out of the clients
> > directory.
> >
> > When I try the setting above I get a 403 Forbidden message even thought
> > www.mywebsite is supposed to resolve to index.html which if I understand
> > the Files directive should be accessible to all.  Is this scenario
> > possible?  Please let me know if I need to explain further.
> >
> >
> > Denise Mangano
> > Complus Data Innovations, Inc.
> >
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server
Project.
> > See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
> >    "   from the digest: users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
> > For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org
> 
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project.
> See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>    "   from the digest: users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org


---------------------------------------------------------------------
The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project.
See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
   "   from the digest: users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org


Mime
View raw message