httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Cohen" <supp...@gej-it.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] desperately need help!
Date Sun, 06 Jul 2003 00:56:47 GMT
What does the error log say?
Can you telnet localhost 80??

All the best,
Jeff Cohen
Support@GEJ-IT.com
Tel. (416) 917-2324
www.GEJ-IT.com
GEJ-IT Networks!

-----Original Message-----
From: Ysh Liu [mailto:lys6832@yahoo.com]
Sent: Saturday, July 05, 2003 6:11 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] desperately need help!

Hi you all,
I am trying out Apache server and getting stucked at the very beginning.
I am running a WindowsXP Pro, and downloaded the latest version Apache.
My problem is: I can't see the test welcome page!
I manually started the server in the console mode on my local machine and
then try to access the server, but it didn't work.
When I type in http://localhost/ from web brower, it shows "The page you are
looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing
technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings."

And then I typed in http://127.0.0.1/, this time, the message is a little
bit difference, "There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach
and it cannot be displayed."

I guess there must be something wrong with my internet configurations, can
somebody give me some advice on how to fix this problem?

Thanks for your time!
Kim

Do you Yahoo!?