httpd-users mailing list archives

From Gawain <lists0...@rticonsulting.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Disabling PHP parsing on a per-directory basis
Date Sun, 22 Jun 2003 21:09:51 GMT
I'd like to be able to disable php parsing in a directory in a
virtual host where files can be uploaded.

I've built a "file browser" type of app in PHP to allow more-or-less
trusted users to upload files for others to download. The files live
in a hierarchy of directories below the document root of the virtual
host, starting with an enclosing "files" directory. Even though I
don't believe there's much risk of one of the users uploading a
malicious (or benign) PHP script to the files directory, I'd like to
disable PHP parsing for it and all directories below the "files"
directory.

How would I do this?

Gawain