httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Virtual Hosting Help Newbie
Date Sun, 22 Jun 2003 14:25:07 GMT

On Sat, 21 Jun 2003, Global wrote:
> However, I'm unable to view the web page form any server
> all I get is the initial start page indication that I've installed apache
> and am viewing a page that should be replace with my contents.

Are you editting the correct config file?  Have you restarted apache?

> NameVirtualHost *

> <VirtualHost 192.168.1.100:80>

The arguemnt to <VirtualHost> must match the argument to NameVirtualHost,

>     ServerName www.fsi1.net

The public DNS configuration on this maps www.fsi1.net to a private IP
address.  I'm not a DNS expert, but that doesn't seem like a good idea.
In any case, you'll surely never be able to see this host from outside
your network.

>     ServerName www.gps1.us

The public DNS for this maps to 65.108.169.236, which is not the same IP
address as www.fsi1.net maps to.  NameVirtualHost is for hosting multiple
sites on the same IP address.

Joshua.