httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: .htaccess gets 500 Internal Server Error
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2003 14:32:46 GMT

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, Matej Cepl wrote:

> On 2003-06-17, 03:03 GMT, Joshua Slive wrote:
> >>    DefaultType application/octect-stream
> >
> > perhaps you mean octet/stream
>
> My /etc/mime.type has only application/octet-stream. Where can I find
> more about octet/stream?

I just meant to point out you had a typo in your DefaultType line, but
then I made a typo in my response, which made the whole thing confusing
;-)

> Chmm, I did not know, that I can actually access /var/log even as
> a user. Sorry, for not providing the info. error.log says:
>
>    [Mon Jun 16 23:41:09 2003] [alert] [client XX.XX.XX.2] \
>       /data/www/ceplovi/.htaccess: AddType not allowed here

This means the server adminstrator has not configured an appropriate
AllowOverride in httpd.conf to allow you to use AddType.  See the docs on
AllowOverride and the "Override" field in the AddType docs.

Joshua.