httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] RedirectMatch = HideMatch
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2003 13:55:43 GMT

On Thu, 5 Jun 2003, Ken Gillett wrote:

> I hate answering my own questions, but I have found that the reason
> matched files are excluded from the listing is because the target is
> not valid. The BIG difference between the earlier v1 and current Apache
> 2.0.40 that I'm using is that RedirectMatch no longer accepts relative
> URLs. IOW:
>
> 	RedirectMatch "(.*)" ../$1

I'm very surprised that that ever worked.  It may be a case of apache
sending garbarge to the browser, but the browser being very lenient about
it.

The docs for Redirect/RedirectMatch are quite clear that only an
absolute URL is acceptable:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_alias.html#redirect

What you want could perhaps be arranged by using an appropriate regex
to construct an absolute URL, but it is difficult to tell exactly
what you are trying to do.  The configuration you quote above makes no
sense to me.

Joshua.