httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Invalid Logging - [error] Optional ...
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2003 17:42:39 GMT
On Mon, 2 Jun 2003, WC -Sx- Jones wrote:

> >> [Sun Jun 01 21:06:22 2003] [error] Optional function test said: GET /
> >> HTTP/1.1
> >>
> >> Should NOT be logged as errors.  If anything they are [info] level
> >> results...
> >
> > Since this is the second time I have seen this mentioned, I'm getting
> > curious. This print is in the file
> > modules/test/mod_optional_fn_export.c
> > which I would not expect to be built in by default. Are you running
> > some
> > binary distribution of Apache, and, if so, which one?
>

> No, I built it :/  What I haven't been able to figure out is why is it
> considered an error?

Well my suspicion is that it was put in as a debug print during
development, and got left in by default. I don't expect it's anything to
be concerned about, but I'm looking into it. Does this happen in any
particular circumstances? Or just all the time? Or when?

--
Pilgrim, how you journey on the road you chose
To find out where the winds die and where the stories go