httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] VirtualHost problems with Apache2 (redhat9)
Date Sun, 01 Jun 2003 13:16:21 GMT
On Sun, 1 Jun 2003, H?kan Franzen wrote:

> When I did this the error message was gone:
> Iam not 100% if it works yet cos I havent tested it live
> Can someone tell if its going to work or not?
>
> Listen 80
>
> NameVirtualHost *:80
>
> <VirtualHost *>
>  ServerName balbalabla.com
>  DocumentRoot /var/www/html/balbalbal/
> </VirtualHost>
>
> (Soo all I did was adding :80 after the NameVirtualHost *)

Usually, you need the argument to NameVirtualHost to match, exactly,
the argument to VirtualHost. So, in your example, you should use
<VirtualHost *:80>

What you have there should work, but since it is missing the context of
the rest of the file, that is qualified by saying that there may be
conflicts with other stuff.

I'd recommend that you look at the Apache Vhosts examples document,
which contains examples of the most common virtual host configurations,
and follow one of the examples in there as close to verbatim as you can
get. That document may be found at:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/vhosts/examples.html

or, for Apache 2.0,

http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/vhosts/examples.html

--
Oh I have slipped the surly bonds of earth
And danced the sky on laughter-silvered wings