httpd-users mailing list archives

From geb...@ameritech.net
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Too many open files: couldn't spawn child process
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2003 00:29:11 GMT

You don't say which UNIX you're using, but changing the number of
possibly open files is generally a kernel parameter, i.e., you're going
to have to tune the kernel.

ken

At 22:22 (UTC+0200) on Tue, 3 Jun 2003 Peter Poeml said:

= On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 01:17:38PM +0200, Mike wrote:
= > I constantly get Too many open files: couldn't spawn child process: in my apache error_logs.
It's a pretty heavily used webserver. A
=
= > ulimit -a
= [...]
= > open files                  1024
=
= You called ulimit -a as which user? How does ulimit -Hn look like?
= Can you raise ulimit before starting apache and see if it helps?0
=
= Peter
=
=