httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tim Wort <...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] syslog server with apache
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2003 15:45:09 GMT

To the best of my knowledge Apache doesn't use syslog. You might find a
application or method to resend the apache log info to syslog,
for instance, configure swatch to watch the logs in tail mode and forward
to a script that passes the log message to syslog via logger. Convoluted
but if your looking for cetralize logging with syslog in might work for
ya.

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003, Shitij Sethi wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> I am trying to use syslog server with apache for external logging. I am
> using kiwisyslog daemon which listens on port 514 by default. Both the
> machines (apache server and the one on which kiwi syslog server is running)
> can ping each other. The apache is running on unix whereas the kiwisyslog
> daemon is on Windows, should this cause any problem ?
>
> Can any one help me understand what could be the reason ?
> Is there any other syslog server I can use ? Please advise
>
> Best Regards,
> Shitij

=        Inkling Research Inc.      =
=    Tim.Wort@InklingResearch.com   =