httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tim Wort <...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Tunneling SSH through Apache
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2003 17:40:03 GMT

What you want to do is tunnel the ssh protocol through a SSL proxy, look
for "Corkscrew" a hackers utility to do just that. I would look it up and
give you the url but I can't right at this moment, you know... that thing
called work. :^)

Good luck.

On Thu, 5 Jun 2003, Jeremy D. Weiss wrote:

> At 09:40 AM 06/05/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>
> >I'd like to be able to administer my Linux based Apache 2.x site via ssh.
> >However, it sits behind a firewall that only allows initial port 443 for
> >https from a web browser through.
> >
> >Is there a way that I can connect a special way to a given URL on the server
> >(or something) that will allow me to spawn an SSH application (or applet for
> >that matter) where I could login and administer the site? Has this ever been
> >done?
>
> I'm not sure if this will do exactly what you want, not being a Java person
> myself, but mindbright technologies has a Java-based SSH client
> (http://www.appgate.com/mindterm/) which is free for "personal and limited
> commercial" use.  I've never used it with a firewall, so I can't be sure
> that it would allow you to tunnel through it, but I think it might.
>
> HTH, HAND,
> ==Jeremy

=        Inkling Research Inc.      =
=    Tim.Wort@InklingResearch.com   =