httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jean Piere Nurcahyo Sumarno <ma...@ai3.itb.ac.id>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Beginner's test problem
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2003 09:36:17 GMT
On Tue, 3 Jun 2003, Nathan Butcher wrote:
> How do I find htdocs on the system? I'm a total newbie so since htdocs is a
> directory, I can't type : find / -name htdocs beacuse then in won't show up.
> What do I type to find this directory? (Although I'm not sure if toying with
> htdocs would help much as the server should start as it is, I feel.)

Nathan, did you open the directory /apache ? if you open it you will see
htdocs. If you did not see it, but you see the apache directory again,
just open it. You will see the "htdocs" directory. If you open this, you
will see the index.html file.

> The other concern is that the client is polling the server searching for
> something, but nothing abnormal is showing up in the error or access logs
> (nothing at all in the access log) to prove that the client was ever in
> there, although there definitely IS a connection of some kind because both
> PCs can ping each other successfully.

In the network checking, the pinging always used to know the "connection
between server and pc client". But it did not always mean an apache server
works fine :-).

Regards,
Marno