httpd-users mailing list archives

From j.knowl...@mgn.co.uk
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Mod_Rewrite question
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2003 17:00:55 GMT

Hi Patrick,

I'm not sure about the RewriteCond on %{DOCUMENT_ROOT} in your example, so
I'm not sure if I have missed the point of what you want to do, but
maybe...

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} ^http://([^/]+)
RewriteRule  ^(.*)$  /server/%1/$1   [L]

will do what you want.  So you match the value of the referrer fromthe
"http://" up to the first slash in the RewriteCond, then in the
rewriteline, you rewrite the requested URI to /server/%1/$1 where %1 is the
value matched in the referrer ([^/]+) and $1 is the value matched by the
rewriterule ^(.*)$  - the uri requested from the browser.

James.

|         |           Patrick Donker   |
|         |           <padonker@reporte|
|         |           rs.net>          |
|         |           26/06/2003 00:44 |
|         |           users            |

  |       To:       users@httpd.apache.org
                                       |
  |       cc:
                                       |
  |       Subject:  [users@httpd] Mod_Rewrite question

so pardon me if I'm asking this question while it has been asked a
zillion times before, or if it is the wrong place to ask it.
My problem is the following:

I'd like to define a DocumentRoot based on the referer. So, if referer
would be http://www.somesite.com/, docroot should be
/server/www.somesite.com. If ref is http://192.168.0.100, then
/server/192.168.0.100.
My (non-functional) rule is:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER}       !^http://www.somesite.com/$ [NC]
RewriteCond %(DOCUMENT_ROOT)    !^/var/www/html$
RewriteRule  ^/$1        /server/www.somesite.com [R,L]

Obviousely, this doesnt work...how DO I make it work???
Thanks for any hints

Patrick

********************
IMPORTANT NOTICE  This email (including any attachments) is meant only for the intended recipient.
It may also contain confidential and privileged information.  If you are not the intended
recipient, any reliance on, use, disclosure, distribution or copying of this email or attachments
is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately by email if you have received
this message by mistake and delete the email and all attachments.

Any views or opinions in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of Trinity Mirror PLC or its associated group companies (hereinafter referred
to as "TM Group"). TM Group accept no liability for the content of this email, or for the
consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information
is subsequently confirmed in writing. Although every reasonable effort is made to keep its
network free from viruses, TM Group accept no liability for any virus transmitted by this
email or any attachments and the recipient should use up-to-date virus checking software.
Email to or from this address may be subject to interception or monitoring for operational
reasons or for lawful business practices.

Trinity Mirror PLC is the parent  company of the Trinity Mirror group of companies and is
registered in England No 82548, with its address at One Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London
E14 5AP.