httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ronald Zeelenberg" <ronald_zeelenb...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] webdav
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2003 13:05:44 GMT
Okay, after reading them i still have a few questions...

How does DAV makes it possible for me to maintain all pages after the
../apache2/htdocs path?

How does the security works?

And why does one need a davdocs place like the quoted example? This is not
where normally lies your webpages? Or do i miss something to get the whole
idea?

<Directory /var/www/apache2/htdocs/davdocs>
    Dav On
    <LimitExcept GET POST OPTIONS PROPFIND>
    Authtype basic
    Authname "DAV write access"
    AuthUserFile /var/www/apache2/htdocs/davdocs
    Require valid-user
    </LimitExcept>
</Directory