httpd-users mailing list archives

From "mega-digital" <mega-digi...@uol.com.br>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache 2 + Windows 2000 PRO problem...
Date Sat, 07 Jun 2003 22:41:06 GMT
My error file just contains notices about server starting and
exiting... My windows 2000 pro is in default installation
mode, i have not modified anything. IIS is not instaled, if
it was, i probably had got some bind port 80 error... Apache
runs as a service, without initialization errors, have
service pack 3 installed...

I just don't know why it's not working. When i installed it
on windows 98 it worked ok in the first time. On windows 2000
server, worked ok with clear windows installation. With
windows xp the same... Now i formatted my computer, installed
modem's software and after installed apache and just don't
worked...

> Check you error log file, try to telnet the port that apache
 is running on,
> read some docs before posting "it's not working" post.
> You must have something wrong in your system, you didn't spe
cify whether IIS
> is also installed on your system, you didn't say if the apac
he service runs
> or starts at all, do have any SP installed.
> Apache works on ANY platform, whether it's XP, 2000 Pro., 20
> Adv. Server, 95 (limited but works), 98, 98SE, ME, NT 3.51,
NT 4.0, Unix,
> Linux, IBM AS/400, Solaris, AIX, and so on..
> And you are not the first and not the last to have troubles
sometimes with
> the installation.
> If you need any specific information of howto correct your s
ystem, you must
> give more details about the above questions.
>
> All the best,
> Jeff Cohen
> Support@GEJ-IT.com
> Tel. (416) 917-2324