httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] multiple virtual hosts that use both port 80 & 443
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2003 15:09:53 GMT
>-----Original Message-----
>From: Miguel González Castaños [mailto:mgc@tid.es]
>
> NameVirtualHost 192.168.1.2:443
> <VirtualHost 192.168.1.2:443>
> ServerName server1
> </VirtualHost>
>
> <VirtualHost 192.168.1.2:443>
> ServerName server2
> </VirtualHost>

If these are supposed to be SSL VHs, this won't work. You can't do
name-based VHs with SSL.

If they are plain HTTP VHs then it will work but it's a bit silly to use
port 443 for plain HTTP since this port is reserved for HTTPS (you
wouldn't use port 25 for HTTP, would you?).

Perhaps if the original poster could be a bit clearer on what he wants
to do?

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

>"Kent C. Kollasch" ha escrito:
>
>> Is it possible to set up multiple virtual hosts that use
>both port 80 &
>> 443?  So far, I've only been able to get it two work with
>two vh's.  The
>> other ones seem to redirect to the default server. I didn't have the
>> same problem with apache 1.3.7 (currently using 2.0.40).
>>
>> --
>> *******************************
>> Kent C. Kollasch
>> Manager, IT