httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Just cannot get SSI to work
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2003 13:30:34 GMT
Plain text please...

Did you work through the SSI tutorial? viz.

        AddType text/html .shtml
        AddHandler server-parsed .shtml

Do you have that somewhere?

If you insist on using XBitHack, did you make the html files executable?

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Faust [mailto:cfaust@doyougot.com]
Sent: Mittwoch, 4. Juni 2003 15:16
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Just cannot get SSI to work

Hi All,

I'm going crazy with what should be a very simple thing to do..

I can't get SSI's to work!

I'd like to get this working with the XBitHack, but I haven't had any
luck with getting either that or just standard shtml files to work.

Here is the relevant section in my < Virtual_Host >

<Directory "/websites/site/html">
        XBitHack on
        Options +Includes Indexes FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
</Directory>

I've also tried

 <Directory "/websites/site/html">
       AddType text/html .shtml
        AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .shtml
        Options +Includes Indexes FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
</Directory>

Neither worked,  when I try to add something like:
<!--#include virtual="static_html_header.html" -->
or
<!--#echo var="DATE_LOCAL" -->

Nothing is ever replaced, I see the same include lines in the source of
the page.

Am I just missing something really stupid?

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks
-Chris

views of the sender's company.