httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] SSL or not SSL apache
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2003 11:12:11 GMT

You obviously can't do this with a single instance of apache since the
modules are loaded into the apache binary at runtime. In other words,
you can't use "LoadModule" in a VirtualHost - it can only be used at
server config level.

The only way to achieve what you want is to run two separate instances
of apache. That is, with two separate config files, one for HTTP and one
for SSL. You can start them using the -f switch, e.g.

./httpd -f /path/to/http/config
then
./httpd -f /path/to/ssl/config

The HTTP config loads the modules you want and the SSL config doesn't.

So long as the two apaches don't try to bind to the same IP:port, this
should work. This shouldn't be a problem since HTTP will be on port 80
and SSL will be on port 443. Probably you should use separate log files
as well...

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

>thanks SZ

>Yahoo! Mail: 6MB di spazio gratuito, 30MB per i tuoi allegati,
>l'antivirus, il filtro Anti-spam
>http://it.yahoo.com/mail_it/foot/?http://it.mail.yahoo.com/

views of the sender's company.