httpd-users mailing list archives

From <webmas...@larsgentz.de>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache2 und mod_deflate
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2003 09:21:10 GMT
Hi all,

i have the following Problem:

I´ve an Apache2 an a Tomcat connected over mod_jk. Our Webapp has very big
.jsp Sites so wie want to compress this sites with Apache before sending. I
found something in the Apache Docu for a module called mod_deflate. I
changed the following in the httpd.conf:

<Directory />
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html text/jsp text/plain text/xml
</Directory>

Are my changes right?
How/ Where can I see: does Apache compressing my jsp´s or not?

Thanks for any Tip!!!

Lars.

Lars Gentz

Katharinenweg 21
27751 Delmenhorst

http://www.larsgentz.de
mailto:webmaster@larsgentz.de

!!! please don´t attach files with suffix .bat .vbs .exe .cmd ... please use
.zip or .rar instead!!!