httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ken Gillett <...@ukgb.net>
Subject [users@httpd] RedirectMatch - vanishing trick
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2003 07:30:41 GMT
I've been successfully using RedirectMatch in a Directory section on a
LinuxPPC machine running Apache 1.something, but I'm having trouble
with the same directive on the replacement (x86) server - RedHat 8 with
Apache 2.0.40-8.

Any file that RedirectMatch matches disappears from the listing. I've
altered the match pattern to match diffeerent files and in each case
the matched file vanishes, it is simply missing from the file list.

I have a sizable directory structure that displays nicely with
FancyIndexing but there are a lot of instances where I use this to
redirect to a file of the same name in the directory above. As I say,
the exact same directives worked perfectly on the old box.

Anyone have any suggestions as to why this occurs and how to stop it?
Any help much appreciated

Ken  G i l l e t t